Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gettin’ Ready to Get to the Equator


A week from today I leave for the NACAC 6k cross country race in Port-au-Spain, Trinindad.  Unfortunately, I’ve not felt great this week while training.  Two weeks out from US Cross Country, I was feeling awesome and running work-outs faster than ever before.   Now, I’m wondering where the “pop” in my legs went. 

On Monday I ran two work-outs: threshold in the morning and 200m hills in the afternoon.  Although doing a double is always tiring, by the end of the second work-out, I felt like I couldn’t even run the cool down.  I felt like I was jogging in place on my Tuesday morning run, and it hasn’t gotten much better since.

I’m interested to see how my 1k repeats work-out goes tomorrow…  

On a happier note, I’m heading to bed early tonight after cooking some curry with wild goose my great-uncle gave me.  I haven’t tried goose before, but I am always excited for meat that hasn’t come from an industrial meat factory.

Also, one of my favorite things about getting to represent the United States:
A New Running Wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment