Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Woman in the Weight Room


Earlier this evening, I went to Lifetime Fitness to do a short run, a few weights, and a core conditioning class.  I managed to slog (slow jog) through a 4 mile run on the treadmill.  I then headed to the weight area of the gym to do a couple sets of bench press/bench sit-ups.  I sat on a bench next to a dude in a University of Colorado Football t-shirt and his red-shirted buddy and had to listen to the following conversation:

Red-shirt: Seen any girls here this afternoon?

CU Football: Yeah, man.  There are some hot ones.

Red-shirt: How ‘bout that Asian girl that used to come here?

CU Football: You mean Asian Invasion?!  I haven’t seen her in at least 6 months. 

Red-shirt: Ha.  She probably got an STD and died. 

Red-shirt and CU Football: Idiotic chuckling.

CU Football: Yeah, there’s a couple girls here tonight.

Red-shirt: The one with the big titties?

CU: Nods knowingly and returns to benching.



Really?  Girls, titties, Asian Invasion?  Hilarious joke implying a woman died from her sluttiness.  Fun stuff objectifying women at the gym of all places.  It’s been a long time since I felt uncomfortable working out, but those bros’ made me want to get out of the gym asap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment