Sunday, June 10, 2012

Indianapolis Finale


Another racing update: I ran a 1500m on Saturday night in Indianapolis, and I got a PR!  I ran a 4:19.3.  I was hoping to run a little quicker, and to beat my steeplechase competitors in the race, but I can’t complain about a setting a personal best. 

We were supposed to have a rabbit in the race going through the 800m in 2:12, but when we got to the line to start the race, the rabbit had not showed up to the track yet.  I thought the pace would still be quick, but the runners who took control of the race the first couple laps took us through the 400m in 69 and the 800m in 2:18.  I took the lead after the 800m, and put in a surge to get the race going.  For my effort, I kept getting my heels stepped on by some stinkers.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t hold onto the lead, and I was passed by a few runners in the last lap.  I fought back the last 100m, and finished fourth overall.  Elizabeth Yetzer ran the 1500m as well, but was frustrated with running a 4:20 for the third race in a row.  I know she can get down to the low teens once everything comes together.

                Elizabeth’s parents drove from Minnesota to watch the race, and now we are driving back through the Midwest to get home.  Unfortunately, not much battery left on the computer since I’ve been trying to get some homework done on the computer.

Icing after Wednesday Race with Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment