Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Jack Johnson


I’m behind in my blogging!  I got a PR in the 3000m at the Jack Johnson Invitational at the University of Minnesota indoor track, and I haven’t even written about it.  So here is my brief recap: Meghan and I decided to do our annual 3k race at the Jack Johnson meet as a tune-up for the U.S. cross country championships.  I’ve been feeling great in my track work-outs, so I was excited to see what I could do in a race.  We trained through the week without tapering, but I still felt ready to go the day of the race.  The Jack Johnson is always fun – there are a lot of Minnesota track alumni, my parents and  grandparents are able to come cheer, the track officials are familiar.  Meghan and I decided to go out at 9:20 pace, with the hope of switching off leading every 400m.  I took the first 400m, Meghan took the second, but wasn’t feeling in top form, so I lead the rest of the race for a time of 9:19.  Just a little PR, but I’m excited to know I could run faster with some tapering and a more competitive field.

Results: 


And here I am talking to Flotrack:

No comments:

Post a Comment